Become an Arts Center East Volunteer!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Arts Center East! When you donate your time and talents, you not only make an important contribution to the arts community east of the Connecticut River, but also make new friends and gain new skills.
To become a volunteer, simply fill out the form below to let us know of your interest, or click the “Choose a spot” button to sign up for a shift during our next gallery exhibit.
Do you have special skills or unique experience you want to bring to our arts center? We need them! Or do you just have lots of time you’d prefer to spend with fellow art lovers? We can use that! There are so many ways that your talents and love of the arts can help support Arts Center East.
Events & Visitor Services
Ideal volunteers will be friendly people-people, interested in making sure visitors have a good experience at Arts Center East and helping share the vision of our organization with everyone who walks through the doors. These volunteer opportunities are good for one-time volunteering or for people who want a regular schedule (e.g. every other Thursday afternoon) during an exhibit.
- Be a gallery sitter: answer questions, keep a count of visitors, and help with artwork sales
- Be a gift shop attendant: help with sales of local artists’ items
- Take tickets, help with food prep or set-up / clean-up, or be an auction attendant at a special event or concert
- Prepare the gallery for exhibits by helping at artwork drop-off/pick-up days or by hanging artwork
- Imagine and organize a new event
- Create and update indoor and outdoor signs with event information
Want to help out at an upcoming event or exhibit? Click to sign up!
Ideal volunteers will be detail-oriented, friendly, and comfortable using basic computer programs like Microsoft Word and Gmail. These volunteer opportunities are one-time or irregularly scheduled, good for people who want to dedicate a few hours to ACE from time to time.
- Track class registrations and build class lists for our instructors
- Create flyers and brochures for our classes
- Spread awareness of ACE classes by distributing flyers to area libraries, senior centers, and schools
- Help as an instructor assistant during a class
Ideal volunteers will be detail-oriented, be comfortable using basic computer functions such as the Microsoft Office suite, Gmail, and websites, and have some experience working in an office environment. We need volunteers who can come in regularly (e.g. once a week or once every two weeks for two hours), or people who can come by once in a while and accomplish a project we can’t get to!
- Coordinate our schedule of volunteers
- Help in the office: write and mail letters to members and donors, manage our mailing lists, process deposits and expenditures, submit event information to publicity sites, reform the paper files, or clip and scrapbook articles about ACE from local newspapers
- Apply your professional skills by joining our board of directors
Have a skill or idea we haven’t listed here? Great! Let us know about it by filling out the form below!