The Thinning of the Veil
Exhibit Dates: October 8–October 30, 2022
Gallery Hours: Thursday–Saturday, 1:00–5:00pm
Opening Reception: Saturday, October 8, 2:00–4:00pm
“The artist […] is always an anarchist in the best sense of the word. He must heed only the call that arises within him from three strong voices: the voice of death, with all its foreboding, the voice of love, and the voice of art.” – Federico García-Lorca
The turning of fall into winter is a time when many cultures observe and celebrate the transition from life to death. It’s the season when the veil between this world and the next, thins. With this exhibit, we invite artists to embrace the three voices of death, love, and art, whether you draw inspiration from celebrations like the Day of the Dead, All Souls Day, Halloween, or Samhain, or the natural world around us as the season changes.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, September 18
Submit your work
- Juried exhibits are open at artists 18 years of age and older.
- Each artist may submit up to five (5) pieces.
- All artwork must NOT have been included in previous ACE juried exhibits.
- All artwork must be original (no kits).
- There is a one-time, non-refundable entry fee for submissions: $27 for one (1) piece, $37 for up to three (3) pieces, $47 for up to five (5) pieces.
All accepted art work must be dropped off in person, completed, and wired or otherwise ready to be hung and displayed.
Ace receives a 30% commission on sales for non-Artist Members, and a 20% commission on sales for Artist Members.