Open to water-based media such as: Acrylic, Gouache, Watercolor, and Ink.
We will copy from Master Aqueous media Artists, such as Sargent, Eakins, and others. You will learn the fundamentals of painting in gouache, watercolor, and ink. Discovering essential techniques and practicing painting in a variety of environments. You will learn about different surfaces, such as hot pressed, cold pressed watercolor paper, and toned papers, brushes, brands of these particular mediums and how to apply them.
- 2 sheets of hot pressed watercolor paper
- 2 sheets of cold pressed paper
- 2 sheets of Hahnmule Canson toned paper
- Windsor and Newton brushes: Philberts, rounds, and flats a variety of sizes
- Two cups for water
- Drawing board or masonite board
- Masking tape
- Acrylic paint
- Walnut ink
- India ink
- An extra brush in a variety of sizes and style for ink
- Watercolor palette
- Ink palette (small round palette)
Please use what you have first and you can always buy more when you need to.
You may choose to work with one medium and not buy everything on the list.
All of these materials can be purchased at Dick Blick or Artist and Craftsman.
Best brand for watercolor and gouache is Hohlbein
Colors for gouache: ultramarine blue, burnt umber, alizarin crimson,yellow ochre, raw sienna, burnt sienna, terre verte, raw umber, ivory blavk, and titanium white.
Colors for watercolor: ultramarine blue, burnt umber, alizarin crimson,yellow ochre, raw sienna, burnt sienna, terre verte, raw umber, ivory blavk, and titanium white.