In this six-week class, students are welcome to draw in any medium of choice (no paints or pastels). The subject matter for each drawing will be provided by the instructor or, through encouragement, chosen subject matter by each student. Students will spend two weeks on a subject, giving them two weeks to work on their drawing. Each class will end with a 20–30 minute group input critiques, led by the instructor, for students to share ideas and guidance.
- Week 1: Set Up. Still life for students without a subject to work on. Drawings started by those with subject of choice. Review at the end of the class to create an environment of sharing and exploring ideas.
- Week 2: Complete drawing from week 1 with end of class review. Each student is encouraged to share what they have learned.
- Week 3: New Subject. Instructor will provide material for a new subject for each student to work on. The material will be a collage of photos for each student to create their own composition. Review at the end of class.
- Week 4: Complete drawing from week 3 with end of class review. Each student is encouraged to discuss their choice of subject for the next two classes.
- Week 5: Each student is to provide their own subject matter for drawing as previously discussed in week 4. Review at the end of class with assignment to bring in all three drawings for last class.
- Week 6: Last class to complete drawing #3. Review at end of class sharing all 3 drawings by each student.
Students are encouraged to work on drawings no smaller than 14”x17.” Students are to provide their own materials for drawing as they are free to choose the medium of choice.