Poetry Rocks! is a quarterly poetry reading series organized by ACE Artist Member and Vernon Poet Laureate, Pegi Deitz Shea. It is co-sponsored by Arts Center East and the Vernon Arts Commission. In 2017, the then ACE Director, Joan Sonnanburg, approached Pegi about beginning a poetry reading series that would feature Rockville High School’s award-winning poets, early-career poets, and established Connecticut poets. Now in its fourth year, Poetry Rocks! has featured numerous poets, including current CT State Poet Laureate, Margaret Gibson and past CT State Poet Laureate, Rennie McQuilkin. Readings are held on Sunday afternoons at Arts Center East.
We value everyone who lends a hand! Would you like to make a difference in the community? There are many ways your talents and love of the arts can help support Arts Center East:
- Help in our gallery or gift shop
- Organize a new event
- Assist with annual events like the Off-the-Rack Art Sale, Craft Fairs, and Tag Sales
- Serve on our event set-up/clean-up committee for exhibit receptions
- Help in the office with data entry and outreach research
- Apply your professional skills by joining our board of directors
Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact Executive Director Jennifer Kowal at (860) 871-8222 or email@example.com for more information.