Enjoy drawing? Like to sketch, doodle but want to know how to bring more life into your work? Basics of Drawing will show how to develop simple flat drawings into works with dimension and perspective. Through technique and control of pencil/charcoal this six-week course will teach students how to utilize the current skills of each student and how to build on them.
Video recorded lessons will be forwarded to students at the beginning of each week and a weekly class Q&A live Zoom session being held on Fridays at 10:00am. Attending the Zoom session is NOT mandatory; recordings of the Q&A session will be sent to students who miss the meeting. The instructor will be available via email to answer questions as well.
Dates: Friday August 28–October 2
- Week 1: Pencil–Lines. Control and Color
- Week 2: Pencil–Waves. Form
- Week 3: Pencil–Ellipsis. Form and Perspective
- Week 4: Pencil–Cups. Form and Dimension
- Week 5: Pencil/Charcoal–Paper Bags. Form, Dimension and Texture
- Week 6: Pencil/Charcoal–Still Life. Developing Individual Style.
All required to have suggested materials for first and every class. Materials are not included in class price.
- Graphite Pencils: 2B, 4B, 5B, 6B
- Compressed Charcoal: 2B, 4B, 6B
- 14 x 17 Smooth White Drawing Pad
- Pencil Sharpener
- Kneaded Eraser