Signature Membership Application
Signature artist membership is attained by application and decided by a panel of three jurors. Our three jurors are Barbara Groff (coordinator), Kelly Taylor, and Gene Suponski. The panel will review applications and notify applicants of their decision, which will be either election to Signature Artist Membership or encouragement to participate as an Artist Member. Selection will be made on the basis of technical ability, use of the medium, creativity, and originality. It will be open to artists working in all media, including drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, etc.
Artists applying for Signature Membership should submit by email to Barbara Groff at email@example.com. Applications may be submitted in the months of March, April, or September. Notifications will be made by May 30 or October 31. Cost of Signature Artist Membership is $50 per year and will renew annually in April.
Application should include the following:
- Five high-quality jpg images, at least 700 pixels on the long side
- Recent resume, including awards received
- (Alternatively, the applicant’s dedicated website may be submitted as
- Your mailing address, email and phone contact information
- Check for the application fee of $25 with “Signature Member application fee” in the memo line, should be mailed to the Arts Center East office, 709 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon, CT 06066.
*Current Artist Members can earn Signature status by having won prizes in two shows at ACE. Submit a resume showing awards. No additional application fee required, as long as membership is current.
Membership Application Fee
There is a $25.00 application fee for any artist applying for artist membership for the first time, at either level.