Rain or Shine!
We will paint at the farm in the morning, then take a break for lunch. It it’s hot, we will go to the Arts Center in the afternoon and work in the classroom. If it’s raining, we will meet at the Arts Center. (In case of rain, bring landscape photos you took yourself to work from.) The workshop will focus on plein air painting, from sketchbook to finished painting. We will spend the morning on site working on sketches and color studies to develop a pleasing composition. In the afternoon we will develop these into a full scale painting.
What to bring:
- Pastels – Consolidate to a manageable amount with good value range
- Easel – Your easel should have a way to hold your pastel box; or you can use a TV tray
- 2 pieces of sanded paper, either mounted or with a backing board to work on
- 2-4 scrap pieces of sanded paper for studies
- Sketchbook and pencils or markers for drawing
- Alcohol and brush for under painting
- Folding lawn chair
- Hat, bug spray, sunscreen
- Lunch and plenty of water
Instructor Jane Penfield is a signature member of the Connecticut Pastel Society, and a juried member of the Pastel Society of America, the Salmagundi Club, and Pastel Painters Society of Cape Cod. She is enthusiastic about sharing techniques for working in this versatile medium. All levels welcome.
Plein Air Pastels Workshop
A one-time price of $85.00 will be added to your order.